I’m excited for my first list of (financial) goals in a while! There is something satisfying about writing down some goals and exposing them to the public that makes you more likely to follow through. I want to set goals, but I want to be realistic. This is my first month back to trying to be more accountable for myself and my money so I’m taking baby steps here. Here is what I want to achieve this month:
- Put at least $700 to my CC debt – I know in my previous post I said I can comfortably put $800 to my debt, BUT I also want to be realistic. I’ll be done paying off my personal loan on Friday, so that’s at least $351 I can put to my CC.
- Sell ALL unwanted stuff, and toss the rest – I have a lot of stuff I’ve been holding on to because “I think I can sell it”. I’ll make an actual attempt to sell all this stuff this month, and if it isn’t gone by June 30, off to Goodwill it goes. I’ll be adding all that extra cash to my debt.
- Use cash system for daily spending – Back in my young(er) day (circa 2008) I used a cash system for a while. I do think it made me more accountable for my spending, but nowadays with how many places I go in a single day and how spacey I can be, I don’t feel comfortable carrying around this much cash. So I’ll take out a weekly allowance for spending + gas, and leave my plastics at home.
- Eat out less – I have to admit, living in LA has been bad for my diet and my wallet. I got a little lazy in May, and the deliciousness this city has to offer got the best of me. This is kind of a subjective goal, so I’ll aim to pack a lunch and snacks at least 4/5 days each week and track this goal daily in my Passion Planner.
- Get bodyweight back under 130lb – Not PF related, and I may touch on what my fitness extracurricular of choice is nowadays, but with the above goal also came a little extra fluff. I will need to be at a certain weight by August 12th for a fitness related event, so I need to get a start on this sooner than later.
I’ll leave the goals there for now. I’ll be documenting my progress, and hoping to meet all of them! What are your goals for the upcoming month?